Keyword search
Start a new topic
Back to results

OT: What do You think about photo sanctions to Russian Federation?

By Wojciech Zielinski

Greetings,
Do You believe that we are close to opportunity to get photos with similar content to those taken in 40-ties of previous century?

How well do We know history of XX century?
Referendum in Österreich ? Münchner Agreement?

Have You seen any photos from those? I still believe that those taken that time with Carl Zeiss lenses are better than those were taken with Ernst Leitz lenses :)
Best regards, WZ.

Was this topic helpful? Give it a thumbs up or down. 0Likes:

Replies

Reply from Wojciech Zielinski on 04-6-14 2:42 PM

I believe that Jorge hasn't made any statement about politics issue at Zeissimages because he hasn't been provoked by any occasion yet to speak about it :) But till the time he would have spoken, I believe we may speak a little about the possibility to take photos of current political issues :) How do You feel about it?

Best regards, WZ

[quote]philber wrote:
I think anyone who undersestimates the connection between images and political reality is sadly mistaken. We live in an age where perception is everything, and images shape perception. Just remember the part played by Leni Riefenstahl in the Third Reich, or of the pictures of children burned by napalm in stirring US public opinion against the Vietnam War.
Whether or not this discussion should be part of ZeissImages is another matter, where I will not get involved. But if jorge, who owns the site, decides that it should be politics-free wouldn't make the issue go away, however.[/quote]

I am not going to visit Crimea but I heard that president of Russian Federation asked his citizens to visit Crimea for holidays.

[quote]mict wrote:
an interesting topic =) we live in a weird times indeed. russians made S.Bandera searches in google more popular then Che Guevara.

it will be interesting how crimeans will sing when they realise that their peninsula was given not as present. it totally depends from mainland in 80%. I believe russians can spare them some money but how they can spare 70% of crimean Ukrainian tourists? Whole economy of that territory based on tourists. anyone wants to go there? [/quote]
Reply from Oleg Hutsalenko on 04-5-14 1:51 PM

an interesting topic =) we live in a weird times indeed. russians made S.Bandera searches in google more popular then Che Guevara.

it will be interesting how crimeans will sing when they realise that their peninsula was given not as present. it totally depends from mainland in 80%. I believe russians can spare them some money but how they can spare 70% of crimean Ukrainian tourists? Whole economy of that territory based on tourists. anyone wants to go there?
Reply from Philippe Philber on 04-4-14 11:11 PM

I think anyone who undersestimates the connection between images and political reality is sadly mistaken. We live in an age where perception is everything, and images shape perception. Just remember the part played by Leni Riefenstahl in the Third Reich, or of the pictures of children burned by napalm in stirring US public opinion against the Vietnam War.
Whether or not this discussion should be part of ZeissImages is another matter, where I will not get involved. But if jorge, who owns the site, decides that it should be politics-free wouldn't make the issue go away, however.
Reply from Dino Brusco on 03-28-14 4:53 PM

Well, at least for me I think the truth lies in the middle (sorry for the pun), that is sure, Aquilan took the plunge commenting an actual (political) situation to talk about current pictures taken in that area, but no real comments on this or that were done against anyone, rather a photographic comment was made. About myself, aside the fact I realize I don't know so much on what's going on "really" behind all this, I share part of Aquilan worries, because (in general) lately all politics (from whatever Nation) have been quite determined to achieve their own interests, no matter what may happen if something goes wrong.
About England (from what Ibbz apparently comes) I think Aquilan was only mentioning the fact English were under enemy fire in the 40s - not that Great Britain was invaded per se - and that consequently for those people "war" was no longer a theoretical matter but something very real and actual. I think people living over there are for sure undergoing a similar and very delicate if not critical moment of their lives and this should make us at least pray for peace, wherever the solution comes from.

Just for the files - over here this would be considered a fair and allowed post, of course we all are aware of the different sensitivity that other parts of the world have as it comes to politics, religion etc
Reply from Wojciech Zielinski on 03-28-14 10:21 AM

All right, I see You get very angry and It wasn't my intention. I thought that You don't have any opinion about what's going on but I see You have and I am happy that I heard Your opinion. What I am a little disappointed that You became so angry. I may not agree with You but I don't want to speak with You about topics You don't want to. I am happy that Jorge Torralba is so kind to not to moderate this forum much. I don't want to be insulted by You more. I hope to see something about Photography posted by You, at forum. Best regards, WZ.

Reply from Ibraar Hussain on 03-28-14 9:27 AM

[quote]aquilan wrote:
ibbz wrote:
Let us leave Politics OUT of this website completely.

I am against censorship of topic at Zeiss Images Forum. I am very grateful that (at least) italy74 get interested in a change after which nothing is the same again. I get furious if I see people publish their idyllic landscapes or peaceful cityscapes while they support the use of brutal force and also violation of freedom and peace for others (and themselves too). When Aggressor came to Your country like in 1940, You would stop to call those issues as political.

Best regards, WZ.
[/quote]

Mate, cut it out. I am absolutely NOT interested in this nonsense and come on zeiss site to get away from this rubbish.
You're also talking complete crap and it is starting to annoy me. No aggressor came into MY country in 1940, we were last invaded in 1066, and the only power which has STOLEN our self government is the Soviet like European Union which I despise and want to leave.

You're also being a paranoid idiot going on about Russia as if Russia is some monster when in fact the EU and USA are the ones who have caused all there trouble and strife and THEIR actions have lead to death and destruction and MOB RULE in Ukraine.

You're being paranoid and are also being foolish.

I think Russia is doing what ANY self governing sovereign nation would do - protect it's interests - I didn't see any nonsense on this site because of POLISH and UKRAINIAN troops in Afghanistan KILLING civilians, nor did I see any objections here when the EU, NATO and USA along with your Polish and Ukrainian friends (and Turkey and Saudi ) caused so much death in Syria by stirring trouble.

So MODERATORS, I ask you again to RID this site of ANY political bullshit and let us leave it to just PHOTOGRAPHY - even pif it is of idyllic landscapes, and anyone who doesn't like photography and wants to talk shit about Politics can get lost on to some other site.
Reply from Wojciech Zielinski on 03-27-14 10:14 PM

[quote]ibbz wrote:
Let us leave Politics OUT of this website completely.[/quote]

I am against censorship of topic at Zeiss Images Forum. I am very grateful that (at least) italy74 get interested in a change after which nothing is the same again. I get furious if I see people publish their idyllic landscapes or peaceful cityscapes while they support the use of brutal force and also violation of freedom and peace for others (and themselves too). When Aggressor came to Your country like in 1940, You would stop to call those issues as political.

Best regards, WZ.
Reply from Ibraar Hussain on 03-26-14 3:19 PM

Let us leave Politics OUT of this website completely.
Reply from Dino Brusco on 03-24-14 3:58 PM

Mmm
I hope you're wrong, yet I do understand your point. If enough survivors from the past WWII were still alive, probably they would properly warn these bully-ish politics to start another deadly spark here or there. Unfortunately, most of them are already gone, and that's truly a pity.
Reply from Wojciech Zielinski on 03-23-14 4:01 PM

Yes, I see some very close parallelism between background situation, facts and official statements from Aggressor and rest of the European Countries, between that time and today. Everything is going to confrontation but each fraction has very good reason to do it otherwise than other fraction intents. Moreover, which is also an similarity, no one believes seriously in military conclusion like at beginning of WWII. West countries prefer to argue with economic issues but it isn't interesting offer for Big East Brother. I believe Kremlin is going to draft similar cards like those of the Crimea. Ukraine represents already full combat readiness. Baltic countries are organizing full scale combat mobilization, which is called "training" now. Uncle Sam has been not interested to participate in Ground Combat Training within Ukraine so far. I heard that two major Ukraine fraction of parliament want to regain some power and influence by terminating Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances (by Thursday).
Personally I am not surprised with their declarations because Russian Federation has already violated most of Budapest Memorandum Statements and what did happen to them?
Few people who don't have time to travel around World, they are prohibited to visit European Union and Uncle Sam Lands. Moreover clients of two local banks in Russia are not allowed to pay within VISA and Mastercard card-system. I feel this won't stop most eastern side of Europe to move forward to snatch next regions, which they lost in breakdown of Soviet Union. What is most sad and incomprehensible, the Citizens of Russian Federation are supporting their Government very numerously to fight against Nazism at West Ukraine and to get back their lands which are lost accidentally. They believe in their mission, which has its roots in Russian Great Patriotic War. There are also votes of opposition between Russians but the State is dealing with them efficiently.
Everywhere You may fell extraordinary tension over whole Europa. Many political consultants suggest that appetite of Put-out hasn't been satisfied yet. I believe that most of elements will have found its place till end of Year. It would be matter of months than a days or hours. Best regards, WZ.
Reply from Dino Brusco on 03-23-14 4:21 AM

Hello
Not sure what are you to suggest. Do you think war is rolling its drums and we're living an epoque-making moment? That is photos taken today in Maidan will become historical? May you expand a bit more your thoughts? Thanks.
Please login to post or reply

Help run the site

Even a one time donation or subscription can go a long way in helping to run ZeissImages.

Thanks for your support !

-->